Confronting Negligent Parties That Caused Your Injury In A Semi Accident
A collision with a semitruck will likely lead to severe injuries for which you will need a lengthy recovery time. And now, it has happened to you: an unsuspecting accident with a two-ton truck. You have worked hard during your life, and now you have this major disruption.
You wonder how you will pay your medical bills and whether insurance companies will be sympathetic (they typically are not) now that you are temporarily unable to work and have no income. It’s time to reach out to an experienced, reputable, skilled, local law firm. Nichols Law Office in Terre Haute, Indiana, fits this description. Our team will do its best to make sure you get the maximum compensation you deserve from any negligent party.
Negligence Can Be Spread Among Many Parties
Liability for a semi accident can be spread to a variety of negligent parties that may include:
- The truck driver: Who may have been under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs; tired and fatigued due to the long work hours; and reckless in ignoring traffic laws
- The trucking company: For hiring inexperienced drivers and poorly training them as well as failing to maintain its trucking fleet, making them road hazards
- The maintenance company and mechanics: For providing shoddy and faulty work on the company’s trucks
- The parts companies: For providing defective vehicle parts
- The packing, shipping and loading companies: For improperly loading the freight, causing it to shift, leading to the truck overturning
Founding attorney John P. Nichols has more than 30 years of experience representing clients in personal injury cases. A skilled negotiator and seasoned litigator, he knows how to navigate the local courts and has respected relationships with local judges. He also has gained great respect from legal peers. Dating back to 2012, he has made the Super Lawyers list eight of the past nine years.
Free Consultations, Reliable Advice
If you have been injured in a semi accident, it’s best for you to focus on regaining your health and let an experienced personal injury attorney oversee your case to conclusion. Nichols Law Office in Terre Haute, Indiana, wants to make sure you get a settlement to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We offer free consultations. Please contact us via this online form or by calling 812-994-0524.